Labiaplasty Monmouth County
Vaginal Rejuvenation in Monmouth County, Jersey Shore, and West Long Branch, NJ
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure to reduce the size or shape the vaginal folds for functional or aesthetic purposes. Some women are born with irregular or excessively large labia, while others develop this condition due to childbirth or aging. Enlarged labia can lead to discomfort wearing tight clothing, as well as during sex, sports, and physical activities. Many women also complain of embarrassment when with a sexual partner and loss of self-esteem.
Labiaplasty can help enhance the appearance of the vulva to alleviate pain and irritation, as well as give patients greater confidence and self-esteem.
Monmouth County plastic surgeon – Dr. Rahul Vemula – has helped countless women accomplish their goals with labia surgery. Dr. Vemula works with women from within Monmouth County cities of West Long Branch, Eatontown, Redbank, Fairhaven, and Rumson. Some of his patients also travel from Ocean County, Jersey Shore, and surrounding New Jersey cities.
Monmouth County Labiaplasty Candidates
Labiaplasty is a plastic surgery procedure designed to address uneven or overly large labia. You might be an ideal candidate for this procedure if you:
- Experience physical discomfort while exercising or during intimacy as a result of excess tissue in the vaginal folds.
- Are unhappy with bodily changes affecting your labia as a result of childbearing, dramatic weight loss, or aging
- Suffer low self-esteem, low self-confidence, or other forms of psychological distress as a result of asymmetry or overly enlarged labia
- Wish to enhance the aesthetic appearance of your vaginal area
During your initial consultation at VIP Plastic Surgery in West Long Branch, Dr. Vemula will listen to your concerns, conduct an examination, and let you know whether this procedure is for you. If you’re deemed to be a good candidate, then the surgeon will create a labiaplasty procedure plan designed to reduce enlarged labia, improve symmetry of uneven labia, and restore your self-confidence following childbirth. Other goals of the procedure depend on the needs of the patient and may include relieving discomfort during intimacy, alleviating frequent irritation, and eliminating pain while exercising or engaging in physical activities.
Labiaplasty Surgery Techniques
Dr. Vemula has a choice of two surgical techniques while performing this procedure. The appropriate method will depend on the specifics and needs of each patient.
- Trim method – This technique is the simplest approach to reduce the size of labia minora (inner vaginal lips). It entails ‘trimming’ the redundant labia minora, during which the pigmented color of the labia edge is lost. Trim labiaplasty is best suited for women who have minimal labial hypertrophy (excessive growth).
- Wedge method – This is a more advanced labiaplasty technique that entails removing a wedge of the labia. The pigmented color of the labia edge will be maintained, and the wedge can be adjusted to suit the size and shape of the patient’s labia. This is typically an effective method for patients who experience asymmetry.
Multiple studies have proved high satisfaction rates among patients regardless of the technique used. During your initial consultation with Dr. Vemula, the surgeon will listen to your concerns, examine your labia, and take you through the pros and cons of each surgical option. Dr. Vemula knows that the needs of each patient are different and works diligently to develop an individualized treatment plan for each one of his patients.
Planning your Labiaplasty in Monmouth County
Labiaplasty is considered to be an outpatient procedure that is carried out under general or localized anesthesia. Although patients may experience some pain or mild discomfort following the procedure, this can be managed with medication. Patients can generally resume non-demanding tasks soon after, but should refrain from sexual intercourse or any strenuous activity for at least 2 weeks.
The cost of labiaplasty surgery in West Long Branch is influenced by factors such as the extensiveness of the treatment, surgeon’s fees, anesthesiologist fees, and facility fees. New Jersey labiaplasty cost can vary greatly due to anesthesia fees and if the patient is having other procedures performed in tandem with their vaginal rejuvenation in Jersey Shore. The surgeon works with a full-time anesthesiologist and is supported by a team of highly qualified nurses and auxiliary staff.
Look at our Before & After Gallery to see the amazing results that Dr. Vemula consistently delivers for his patients.